Monday, December 8, 2014

The luncheon was a big success and actually more enjoyable than I expected. Kay was my guest, which helped, as well as the fact that mimosas were served. Each table was decorated by different people, which made for a very elegant display. Our table is the gold one and I confess immediately that I was simply a worker bee and not the mastermind. My neighbor, Hurma, designed it and bought all the decorations. The group responsible for our table is on the right... Hurma, her friend who helped, Bob, and me. Bob was our server and he was a hoot! He's ex-FBI and we were very lucky to have him. Most of the servers were husbands of the table hostesses and I don't know who wrangled Bob, but his wife wasn't even there. We didn't know him until today, but he invited us over to see his Christmas lights and meet his wife. And we're definitely going to take him up on that.



No comments:

Post a Comment