Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Upon re-reading yesterday's blog, I feel it was much more negative than intended. I haven't had a bad day in more than a week, so this could be a trend. And I'm very hopeful at this point. So pretend you don't remember that I sounded a bit down yesterday... not true.

I mentored both kids today and asked each of them the same thoughtful question... "If you could buy the same gift for every child in the world, what would it be?" Thomas, the 10-year-old, didn't surprise me because his family seems to have plenty of money. He would buy a Barbie doll house for all the girls, a train set for all the younger boys, and a 4-wheeler for the older boys (not a good answer, as far as I'm concerned). My idea was a ball of some sort, although I realize the boys would probably like it more than the girls. But little Cali, who's eight, was the winner. She answered, "A book, but some of them would have to be in different languages." I've always thought she was a little selfish (and not without good reason) and that Thomas had a kind heart. Possibly that's still true, but Cali wins the prize for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment