Friday, June 19, 2015

Our last day with the girls was simply wonderful! They didn't want to put on a play, so instead we made a white carpet on which they wrote words and sayings of affirmation. They each decorated tee shirts that expressed something about themselves, and for the performance they walked the runway and shared their aspirations for the future. Many of them want to be forensic psychologists, with a few quite interested in serial killers. Not exactly sure what that means, but at least they all talked about going to college. With these girls we're not exactly sure if they were saying what they thought we wanted to hear or actually expressing their dreams. I hope it's the latter.

I didn't spend much time with Natalie today because I felt it was best for both of us. But it was hard. I still plan on asking the clinical director if I can see her one more time (she was out of the office today). Fortunately no one under 19 can live in Heritage Grand because I thought long and hard about becoming a foster parent until someone reminded me of that. Pretty sure God is watching out for me and for that I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment