Friday, September 4, 2015

Today was my first day cane-free since the relapse! I have to walk slowly and take small steps, but it sure beats clicking along with that damn cane (I hate that noise). I went back to therapy today and was horrified that I had to do real exercise starting with a bike. I was able to do all but one of the exercises and was seriously impressed when my young 20-something therapist complimented me on my flexibility. She even said that I could raise my straight leg higher than she can. I do find that hard to believe, but maybe the yoga has really helped. I still have to do the 10 press-ups every two hours, but only have to do the three others she gave me once a day.

Well, I wrote the first paragraph before I went out to dinner. And now after two big glasses of wine, I'm walking faster. I'm so grateful for wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment