Thursday, November 19, 2015

I had my annual well woman exam today and everything was fine except for one glaring problem. When he asked me about drinking I truthfully stated that I have two glasses of wine daily. He immediately reacted and said that was too much. I started by saying, "But that's my only..." and he said, "Friend?" At that point I had to laugh out loud and replied, "No...  thing I enjoy at the end of the day. But if I have to drink less, I may need to find new friends." And then he had the nerve to ask, "Don't you have a history of falls?" I emphatically told him that none of my falls were alcohol related (other than the fact that the bad fall in Memphis was because we were out looking for a liquor store). His last words to me were, "Cut down on the drinking." So I've decided that the next time I see him, I'll lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment