Saturday, November 21, 2015

Theresa (far left), my old friend from the 70's who is now a neighbor, called me this morning to tell me that a mutual old friend, Manolo, had died on November 2 and the Celebration of Life was this afternoon. She asked me if I wanted to go and I absolutely did. Mo was from Cuba and was a very dear friend for many years. However, we took different paths and although I saw him occasionally over the years, I hadn't seen him for probably the last 15. But the weird thing is that Theresa and I were talking about him last night at dinner and said that we needed to find him and get back together. The woman in the center of the photo was also a ski club friend who Theresa had recently run into at her church. But she moved to California for 30 years and everyone had lost touch with her. Well... we had a great afternoon together, remembering Mo and rehashing the past. And we will continue. I'm so very sorry that it took Mo's death to bring us back together, but I hope he's looking down and smiling on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment