Saturday, November 8, 2014


All I can say is that if today was my birthday and it would all be over tomorrow, I couldn't be happier. First of all, when I opened my front door this morning there was a package on my porch. It was a gift from Charles. Dark chocolate tiny liquor bottles actually filled with different liquors. How cute is that?

Kitty, Cathy, Sharon, Cathy, and Kay all came to Katy for lunch. I was excited for them to see all the changes I've made to the house and they were sufficiently wowed. We then went to the local shopping area (which is like a pretty little village with parks). The weather was absolutely beautiful and we sat outside overlooking one of the parks. Margaritas and Mexican food only added to the fun and it could not have been more perfect.

After lunch we came back to my house for dessert... little liquor chocolates. What else? They were all so impressed by it that I gave them some to take home (photo taken after they left... I didn't eat all the missing bottles).  Their claim was that it was for their husbands, but Kay told me later that she probably wouldn't tell Jack about it. She stayed a while after the others left and we sat out on the patio and reminisced about when we were young and lived together. Now everyone has gone home and I'm happy as a clam. I doubt that tomorrow can top this, but I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment