Monday, February 16, 2015

Trader Joe's opened in Katy on Friday and although I was smart enough to stay away on the weekend, I just had to go this morning. I'd never been in one before and didn't buy much, but just had to see it (and get a free shopping bag). I'll definitely go back because they have lots of healthy food at cheap prices... my kind of place.

And I can't help but mention the weather today. When I went to Trader Joe's it was 68 degrees. And within two hours, the temp was 43 with a serious wind chill. Again I apologize for sharing my sad story when it's so much worse elsewhere. But our low tonight will be 36 while in Heber Springs it will be 15 degrees with ice. Kay and her husband, Jack, went to NYC today and I loaned her my heavy coat. I'll be cursing her in the morning when I'm walking the dogs, but hope that she's staying a little warmer in my goose down coat. And have I ever mentioned that I made the right decision to move back to the Houston area? Of course I have, but it's reinforced constantly and I'm ever so grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment