Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I've been reluctant to mention this because I hate to complain, but after spending another day doing nothing but reading, watching TV, and messing around on my computer, I feel obligated to explain. My ankle has really been hurting for the past couple of weeks and I've had to miss all of my exercise classes as well as cutting back on walking. In the mornings I hardly have any pain, so I take the dogs out for our usual 40-45 minute walk (while wearing my heavy duty brace). And then it starts. On the days that I stay home and keep my leg propped up, it's feeling pretty good by dinnertime, so then take the dogs out again for about 20 minutes. I've sadly gained a couple of pounds during this time, so broke down today and went to the clubhouse to ride a stationary bike. Apparently my stop and start dog walking and low impact aerobics classes aren't enough to build up stamina. So I had to wimp out after 15 minutes. But the good news is that now I realize I need to do it more until I can work up to 30 minutes.

Anyway, I can't give up walking the dogs because I've been doing it religiously for 10 years and it's a huge part of my daily routine. So I've decided if I'm no better by the end of the week I'll go back to the doctor. I doubt he can do anything, but it's worth a try. And after I've had the skin cancer cut out of my back on Monday and it has healed, I'm going to start water aerobics at the clubhouse pool. I'm just not ready to let myself go (but I really look forward to the day that I can).

Sorry about this post, but I just couldn't write another day about watching Mad Men all afternoon. I'm starting to feel like a slug!

No comments:

Post a Comment