Sunday, July 12, 2015

I'm pretty sure I've shared this secret before, but when Kay comes over, we sit outside and drink (a little) and smoke a couple of cigarettes. Her husband doesn't know she does this, so we really feel like we're pulling a fast one. I keep a little plastic trash can under the wrought iron side table so I can empty the ashtray as soon as possible. There's not much nastier than cigarette butts.

After Kay left I was sitting on the couch watching TV when I smelled cigarettes. It seemed odd and I smelled my clothes, but it wasn't them. So I did nothing. Then as the smell got stronger, I decided that I'd check outside at the next commercial. After another couple of minutes I figured I better go see what I could find. Imagine my surprise to see the little plastic trash can enveloped in flames. Thank God my siding is Hardie plank or the house would also have been on fire thanks to my lack of interest. I got the hose to put it out, but then just had to laugh... it was funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment